Canines for Christ is a Christian-based, animal-assisted therapy ministry that uses ordinary people and their dogs to share God's message of love, hope, and compassion in our community.
Our mission is letting Christ's love shine through us and our canines as His disciples when we visit people who need the love, hope, and compassion that only God's message can provide. We want people to know that God loves them.
Canines for Christ (Morning Star Fellowship Quakertown) currently serves in nursing homes and assisted living and rehabilitation facilities in Montgomery County, Bucks County, and the Lower Lehigh Valley.
With God's blessings, we hope to expand to cancer centers, grief centers, children's homes, hospitals, hospice facilities, special needs facilities for the mental and physically disabled, and home visits.
Becoming a Canines for Christ Servant:
- Have accepted Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior (John 3:16)
- Have a gentle, well mannered dog with good social skills, at least 1 year old.
- Your dog needs to pass the AKC Canine Good Citizen test, which consists of ten obedient tests.
- Become certified through Therapy Dogs Inc., which consists of three evaluations of you and your dog in a nursing home environment.
- Join the original Canines for Christ in Florida, which provide cards, t-shirts, and a vest for your dog (www.k9forchrist.org).
- Be willing to volunteer your time at least two visits per month.
- Pray that God will open your heart to be an active part of this wonderful ministry.